Friday, October 08, 2004

Closed Sundays

There are two businesses selling virtually the same products, one located 1/2 mile from my home and one located 2 miles from my home. The one that is located 2 miles from my home is closed on Sundays, the other is open 7 days a week. Otherwise they are virtually the same.

As a "good Mormon" should I go out of my way to shop at the store 2 miles away? Since it is closer and I can walk there, should I go to the closest store? Does it really matter? Would the answers be the same if the 2 mile location's prices were higher...5%, 10%, 15% higher? (the store open 6 days has to do a little over 15% more business or have 15% higher prices to do the same in gross sales as the 7 day store...assuming equal sales everyday).

I think when it comes to living our religion we are much better at it with our lips than with our wallets!